SIGHTS AND SOUNDS: Dedication of Singing Heart Sculpture
From OStateTV Productions on November 1st, 2018
Oklahoma State University has made a significant step toward its initiative of integrating public art on campus with the installation of Singing Heart, a sculpture by Allan Houser. The sculpture is located in the Mother’s Garden on the west side of the Atherton Hotel. Singing Heart, gifted by Jeanene Jenkins Hulsey (class of ‘67) and Ron Hulsey, will be an extension of the OSU Museum of Art’s permanent collection. Houser (1914-1994), an Oklahoma-born Chiricahua Apache artist, is considered one of the most renowned American Indian modernist sculptors of the 20th century.